Custom Size and Shape Skylights
Made to order — just measure and call us!
Custom Skylights – You Choose the Size, Shape or Glass Type
SIG Skylights specializes in custom size skylights, custom shape skylights, and those with specialty glass, all made in Atlanta, Georgia. Custom skylights take extra time, so plan ahead. Most orders are filled in two to three weeks.
We can design geometric shapes that can be made with straight lines. For sizes over 40 square feet, please call us at 770-455-8838 to discuss the details. If you have a drawing and/ or know the exact dimensions of your opening, call us or go to our ordering page and request a quote. We will respond within one business day. If you need multiple openings in one skylight, see our Multiple Pane Skylights. Also check out specialty glass options on our Glazing Options page.
Best Uses For Custom Skylights
- Roof Skylight Replacements – match the old skylight dimensions exactly
- Renovation Projects – custom designed to enhance the space and meet architectural and lighting needs
- Aesthetics/Architectural Design – appropriate proportions, and size and number of skylights for the space.
- Health and Mood – add a larger skylight to provide a feeling of openness , warmth from the sun’s rays, and an outside view. Natural light reduces SADD effects in winter.
- Uniquely Shaped Areas – requiring special skylight shapes, like rounded entryways and porticoes, triangular shaped ceilings, long narrow halls, interior bathrooms and galley kitchens.
Old Skylight Replacement
Custom size skylights are extremely helpful when doing a skylight replacement, as we can match the old skylight opening exactly. Older skylights can be found in every size, and cannot always be matched with in stock skylights. Although we carry many common replacement skylight sizes for skylights like Velux, Wasco, and Sun-Tek, we still get may requests for custom skylight sizes. In order to ensure a proper fit, a good interior finish, and energy efficiency, in addition to a leak-free seal, the skylight should be a very close fit to the existing opening.
Although a skylight repair is occasionally possible, with very old skylights, the entire unit may just need to be replaced. If you have leaking skylights, there could certainly be an installation problem, but also there could be an issue with the structural integrity of the older skylight design. (SIG Skylights have replaced many competitor skylights which have rotted wood that eventually caused the skylights to leak). Acrylic plastic dome skylights may be impossible to see through, or even be cracked. They also are prone to warping, which can cause a seal to break and the skylight to leak. In all these cases. it is best to replace the skylight with a new beautiful, durable, energy efficient skylight by SIG Skylights.